Wanted: Senior Associate Finance & Business Operations (w/m/d)
Roots of Impact is growing, and we have ambitious plans for the future. Are you passionate about driving positive change through effective impact finance? Are you eager to work in an agile and dynamic impact enterprise? If so, we invite you to join our dynamic, multicultural team! We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to support the work of our Finance & Business Operations team.
Roots of Impact: Effective.Impact.Finance
Roots of Impact is a manager of catalytic capital. As a pioneer in Impact-Linked Finance, we believe in aligning capital with incentives to drive change for people and the planet. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to achieve impact at scale by managing innovative funds, providing quality advisory and education, and building the field for Impact-Linked Finance. We are based in Frankfurt, Germany, with hubs in Berlin and Cape Town (South Africa) but are open to exploring remote work options worldwide.
You don’t have to be an impact finance wizard to fill out this role. We are seeking an analytical and automation-savvy professional to join our Finance & Business Operations team in optimizing our internal operations for the next growth step of our company. We are a dynamic and growing company, and you can expect a great deal of creative freedom to implement projects and establish standards. Your relevant experience and outstanding commitment will play a pivotal role in growing our business as well as our impact. As a key player in our team, you will fill an exciting role that includes the following responsibilities:
- Strategic project management: Lead impactful projects and engage with stakeholders at every level.
- Process optimization: collaborate with other teams, understand their needs, and optimize internal processes for efficiency and effectiveness.
- KPI mastery: Work closely with our management to establish and implement KPIs, collecting insightful data to guide our strategic decisions.
- Digitalization: Drive our digital evolution by pioneering tools and automation for data collection, knowledge management, and efficiency gains.
- Tech trendsetter: Stay up to date with emerging technologies in business operations by actively monitoring and adopting the latest trends in the tech landscape.
- Holistic insight: Gain a 360-degree view of the Finance & Business Operations team. Lead and support projects spanning Finance, HR, IT, and Governance.
Could this be you?
What you should bring:
- Degree in Business, Finance, Economics (Master’s degree preferred) or equivalent training/life experience
- At least 3 years of relevant practical experience, preferably in a scale-up or start-up environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; German is a plus.
- You are a strategic thinker as well as problem solver and can combine and translate this into concrete action items to ensure further impact & business growth.
- You have a structured and independent working style and are able to plan, implement and manage different projects at the same time.
- You have strong analytical skills and can solve complex problems while focusing on what is important.
- Proficient in Excel, and data visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI) to drive data-informed decision making.
- You feel comfortable in a diverse cultural working environment and are quick at building trusting and collaborative relationships with your emotional intelligence and love for supporting others.
- Experience in SaaS platforms is a plus.
What we offer:
- A phenomenal team: We are a diverse, multicultural team of interesting, driven self-starters who are passionate about the work we do.
- A personal growth mindset: We strive to create an enabling and uplifting environment, with bespoke personal development opportunities, cross-team collaboration, and an internal ‘skills marketplace’ to ensure we’re unlocking the best opportunities for our team members.
- A remote-but-connected office: With colleagues all over the world, we’ve put a lot of thought into staying connected despite the distance. Opportunities to connect, get to know each other, and collaborate are built into our regular work week, so that we always feel close by, regardless of where we are on the planet.
- In-person team events: Our regular team events ensure that we have the opportunity to engage and tackle the big questions in real life, after catching a sunrise hike or checking out an inspirational art exhibit together.
- A people-centric culture: We want our team to thrive in all aspects of their lives, so we offer a generous leave package, flexible work hours, contributions towards gym membership, and home-office setup support.
- A comprehensive onboarding program: We want all our new employees to feel at home. Our structured onboarding program, complete with a dedicated ‘onboarding buddy’, ensures that your orientation to the Roots of Impact team is as smooth as possible.
- Location-specific benefits: For employees based in Germany, we also offer Kita Support (Zuschuss Kinderbetreuungskosten).
How to apply:
If you are interested in seizing this opportunity, we look forward to receiving your CV and cover letter at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line ”Application: Senior Associate FBO”.
In the cover letter (max. 1 page), please address the following questions:
- What attracts you to Roots of Impact’s work?
- How do you think you can add value to Roots of Impact?
- What are your salary expectations?
- What is your proposed place of residence?
- What is your earliest preferred starting date?
„Thank you for motivating us to grow faster and scale smarter“ – Greg Krupa, CEO, Novulis
By applying for this position, you give us consent to add and store your data in our talent pool. We reserve the right to use this data for potential future recruitment purposes. If you would like to have this data removed, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roots of Impact is an equal opportunity employer. We deeply believe in equality and diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and disability. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities and are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please indicate this in your application.